The Commonwealth Fraud Prevention Centre, located within the Attorney-General’s Department, has launched a dedicated website on countering fraud: CounterFraud.gov.au. The website contains a range of tools, resources, and guidance materials designed to support Commonwealth entities to identify, prevent, and manage fraud.
These resource will assist Commonwealth entities to:
• Learn what fraud is, why it’s a problem and why we need to do our best to counter it.
• Apply countermeasures to their entity to prevent, detect and respond to fraud.
• Understand their obligations under the Commonwealth Fraud Control Framework.
• Connect and share with the fraud community.
• Discover the different types of fraudsters they will face.
While the website is designed for Commonwealth entities, other entities may also find these resources useful in shining a light on the fraud problem and how to influence change towards a culture that prevents fraud.
Read more here.